Friday, August 29, 2014

everyday art journal

I try to draw, paint or in some way create something..almost every day in my art journal.  At first I felt so intimidated about what if it wasn't a great masterpiece, so I purchased 40% off cheap sketchbook journals at Michaels and it made the whole difference. If the page is horrific, I can always tear it out and strangely enough, I don't think I have ever torn out a page--although I am not sure any would be considered "masterpieces" they give me ideas, let me play and I keep a loose diary of my life.   Here is the cover that has been paper collaged, stamped, and painted

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Just what a journal/sketchbook is for! I used to be intimidated too but nobody has to see it but you unless you choose to share. It's about time for me to make a new one as I'm almost out of pages. Love your cover - Even though pink is not a color I use a lot I've been seeing so much pink art lately that I just love.